Some people question the effectiveness of some training ministries of churches. There is no doubt churches must adjust ministries to the needs of their members. But one ministry is still going strong, and that is Vacation Bible School.
The largest group of Baptist churches released some amazing statistics on the effectiveness of VBS. Without a doubt, similar statistics apply to churches of the American Baptist Association.
What did the statistics reveal?
• 10% of all children attending VBS were from unchurched families. If you consider those who are unchurched in the practical sense, the percentage would be even higher.
• Of these 10% of unchurched children attending, 15% enrolled in Sunday School following the VBS week.
• Each unchurched child attending VBS represents a home with parents, siblings or other relatives who also need the Lord.
• 1 of every 16 first-through-sixth graders were enrolled in a VBS.
• In 2007 26% of the baptisms reported among this group of churches came for baptism as a result of receiving Christ during VBS.
In reality, for most churches, Vacation Bible School is the best way to reach the lost and unchurched in their communities. If your church is not using this effective ministry, it is missing a great opportunity to impact its community with the gospel of Christ.
Get involved in Vacation Bible School this year with “Sonlight Express” from Bogard Press. You can look over the material and order from this link - http://www.vbs.bogardpress.org/.
For a two minute preview of “The Mighty God” – 2013 VBS from Bogard Press, click on this link – https://vimeo.com/41940501.